Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sketching at Callahan's Firehouse Gallery

Whidbey Island Sketchers met at Callahan's in Langley last Friday. Callahan is a fire breather... almost. He blows glass and his shop occupies the old fire station in Langley. It's a neat place to sketch an artist at work. Also sketch the beautiful glass pieces he creates. When I first arrived it was pretty chilly out, but the sun was shinning at the Commons' across the street, so went there for a warm up. When I heard Callahan was working I tootled over for a look see. Here's a few of my sketches... I'm so rusty!

The brilliant Mr. Mike Burroughs was my first subject...





A quickie of glass flowers...



Super quick gestures of Callahan and the glory hole...









Sue sketching Callahan



And Sweet Robert, Phyllis' hubby.



Stay tuned for more from our sketch filled evening!


1 comment:

  1. You don't seem rusty to me. I really like the 2 with the glow of the furnace in.

    ReplyDelete