Sketching at Callahan's Firehouse Gallery

Whidbey Island Sketchers met at Callahan's in Langley last Friday. Callahan is a fire breather... almost. He blows glass and his shop occupies the old fire station in Langley. It's a neat place to sketch an artist at work. Also sketch the beautiful glass pieces he creates. When I first arrived it was pretty chilly out, but the sun was shinning at the Commons' across the street, so went there for a warm up. When I heard Callahan was working I tootled over for a look see. Here's a few of my sketches... I'm so rusty!

The brilliant Mr. Mike Burroughs was my first subject...





A quickie of glass flowers...



Super quick gestures of Callahan and the glory hole...









Sue sketching Callahan



And Sweet Robert, Phyllis' hubby.



Stay tuned for more from our sketch filled evening!


Comments

  1. You don't seem rusty to me. I really like the 2 with the glow of the furnace in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment