Tripping to Port Townsend

Our sketch group took a trip to Port Townsend and we had a blast. They're a fun group. I had intended to get in some of the great architecture there, but ended up at Sirens, a local bar and eatery with great food. The place has a wonderfully rich interior of antiques and retro furniture. We'll have to do a trip very soon on a warm day to sketch some exteriors. By the way, Sirens fried oysters were the best I've ever had in a restaurant. As good as I do at home.


Used a Gel Pen for these line sketches. Slippery. They're nice to use. I wonder about their permanence, though.


People on the ferry. This woman was being interviewed for a job.


The wind was blowing so hard, the ferry was seriously rolling. It made us late getting to the dock. I tried to capture the effect. My lines rolled, that's for sure.


The rolling hills from the rolling ship as we approached Port Townsend.


It'd be nice to do some people frontal. This gal sat down in the middle of my sketch.


It was a lovely day, though a bit chilly and windy on the deck. A quick sketch of Sherryl and Lisbeth... sketching.


Sirens bordello-like interior.


A lovely lady in heavenly light. We had a ferry to catch and got in this quickie. Wish I had more time.

Comments